Schumacher Electric Corporation
Jump Starter & DC Power Source
THIS PRODUCT HAS A SEALED LEAD-ACID BATTERY INSIDE THAT SHOULD BE KEPT AT FULL CHARGE FOR LONGER LIFE.
RECHARGE WHEN FIRST RECEIVED (EVEN IF GREEN ‘FULL POWER’ LED GLOWS), AFTER EACH USE AND EVERY 3 MONTHS.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Save these instructions
important safety instructions
Someone should be within range of your voice or close enough to
come to your aid when you are working near a lead-acid battery.
Have plenty of fresh water and soap nearby in case battery acid
contacts skin, clothing, or eyes. If acid enters the eye area, rinse
with cold water for at least 10 minutes and get medical help
Do not smoke, or use matches or cigarette lighter, or allow any
spark or ame near the battery or engine.
Never operate the power source unit if it has damaged lead wire or
clamps. Have the lead wire replaced by a qualied technician.
Wear complete eye and clothing protection when working with
Do not permit the internal battery in the IP-75 to freeze. Never
attempt to recharge a frozen battery.
WARNING: Handling the cord on this product or cords associated
with this product, may expose you to lead, a chemical known to
the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
Warning: Failure to follow instructions may cause
damage or an explosion. Read entire instruction
manual before use.
1. Turn ignition OFF before making cable connections.
2. Use in a well-ventilated area.
3. Keep clear of fan blades, belts, pulleys and other parts that
may cause injury.
4. NEVER allow clamps to touch together or to contact the same
piece of metal to prevent sparking.
5. Clamp the red clamp (+) to the positive terminal of the battery.
(For a negative grounded system.)*
6. Clamp the black clamp (-) to an unpainted and unmoving part
of the chassis or engine block.
7. You can now crank the engine. If the engine does not start,
within 5-8 seconds, wait at least 1 minute before attempting to
start vehicle again. (This permits the battery to cool down.)
8. After the engine starts, rst disconnect the black clamp (-) and
then the red clamp (+) in that order. Store the clamps on the
ears located on the sides of the case.
9. Recharge the IP-75 as soon as possible after use.
*NOTE: In the rare case of jump-starting a vehicle that has
a positive-grounded vehicle electrical system, connect the
NEGATIVE black clamp (-) to the negative terminal (-) of the
vehicle battery. Then connect the POSITIVE red clamp (+)
to an unpainted and unmoving part of the vehicle chassis or
engine block. If you are unsure of the nature of the vehicle’s
electrical grounding system, check the owner’s manual of the
vehicle. To disconnect clamps, reverse order.
To check the internal battery’s charge status, press the red button
on the front of the IP-75.
The LED lights will indicate the charge level as follows:
1. A red LED indicates a 50% or less charge and you should
immediately recharge the IP-75.
2. A yellow LED indicates a 50 to 75% charge. The IP-75 may be
used but should be recharged as soon as possible.
3. A green LED indicates the internal battery is fully charged.
charging of internal battery with built-in charger.
After removing the IP-75 from the carton, charge it for a minimum
of 8 hours before using even if the green Full Power LED glows.
1. To charge, plug extension cord into charger plug on the side
of the IP-75. (Extension cord not included; must be purchased
2. Plug the extension cord into a 110V AC electrical wall outlet.
3. The red LED will glow while charging.
4. The green LED will glow when the battery has reached full
charge. This could take up to 72 hours on some charges due to
age and condition of the battery. The charger will automatically
drop into a oat mode and maintain the battery at full charge
without damaging the battery. The IP-75 can be left plugged
into the 110V wall outlet indenitely to maintain full power.
5. Recharge IP-75 after use and every 3 months to full charge
status to extend the battery’s life.
multi-purpose power supply
The IP-75 is a power source for 12 volt DC accessories equipped
with a 12V accessory plug. Make sure the device to be powered is
OFF before inserting 12 volt accessory plug into 12 volt accessory
outlet on the IP-75. Use the 12 volt accessory outlet for power
outages, shing and camping trips. Estimate usage time is listed
in chart below.
12 Volt dc power source chart
Appliance Type Estimated Wattage Estimated Time*
Cell Phones 4 Watts 12 Hours
Fluorescent Lights 4 Watts 12 Hours
Radios 9 Watts 8 Hours
Depth Finders 9 Watts 8 Hours
Fans 9 Watts 8 Hours
Camcorders, VCRs 15 Watts 5 Hours