Deﬁ nitions: Safety Guidelines
The definitions below describe the level of severity
for each signal word. Please read the manual and pay attention
to these symbols.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation
which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which,
if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which,
if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
NOTICE: Indicates a practice not related to personal injury
which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT THIS OR
WALT TOOL, CALL US TOLL FREE AT: 1-800-4-DEWALT
This Rolling Miter Saw/Planer Stand is a stand designed to
accommodate most miter saws and planers and to provide portability
for those units, both in the field and in the shop. If you have any
problem with alignment or mounting, call 1-800-4-D
WARNING: For your own safety, read the tool instruction
manual before using any accessory. Failure to heed these
warnings may result in personal injury and serious damage to
the tool and the accessory. When servicing this tool, use only
identical replacement parts.
WARNING: Failure to follow these rules may result in serious
WARNING: To reduce the risk of injury, keep both hands on
handle when raising and lowering the stand. The stand has
gas assist lifting and may raise unexpectedly when lever is
• This product was designed to be used as a stand for miter
saws and planers. The stand will support up to 300 lbs (136 kg).
Any misuse or abuse can result in product damage or personal
• Do not stand on the work table. It is unsafe to climb, sit or stand
on the stand. Do not use the support extensions as a ladder or
• Properly secure the miter saw or planer to the stand before
operation. Follow the mounting instructions carefully. Fasten the
tool to the saw mounting rails securely as instructed.
• Place the stand on a flat and level surface to prevent rocking
• Take care during the raising and lowering of the product to
reduce the hazard of pinching hands and fingers.
• Check the legs and other supports to see that they are
properly locked in place before operation.
• Do not modify or use the stand for any operation for which
it is not intended.
• ALWAYS use eye protection. All users and bystanders must wear
eye protection that conforms to ANSI Z87.1.
• ALWAYS use safety glasses. Everyday eyeglasses are NOT safety
glasses. Also use face or dust mask if cutting operation is dusty.
ALWAYS WEAR CERTIFIED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
• ANSI Z87.1 eye protection (CAN/CSA Z94.3),
• ANSI S12.6 (S3.19) hearing protection,
• NIOSH/OSHA/MSHA respiratory protection.