FOR USE WITH GARAGE DOOR OPENERS
MANUFACTURED AFTER JANUARY 1, 1995.
This door control contains a motion detector
that will automatically turn on the light when it
detects a person entering the garage. This
feature can be easily turned off for extended
work light use.
Locate the door control within sight of the door at
a minimum height of 5 feet (1.5 m) where small children
cannot reach, and away from moving parts of the door and
NOTE: After installation, an indicator light behind the cover
will indicate proper connection. If not lit, the Lock and Light
features will not function (reverse wires to correct).
The door control is typically attached directly to the wall. For
pre-wired installations (as in new home construction), it can
be mounted to a standard single gang box. See illustrations.
If installing the door control adjacent to existing door
controls, be sure the detector switch is accessible.
1. Disconnect power to the garage door opener.
2. Strip 7/16" (11 mm) of insulation from one end of bell wire
and connect to the two screw terminals on back of door
control by color: white wire to 2 and white/red wire to the 1.
3. Remove white cover by gently prying at slot in top of the
cover with a small flat head screwdriver. Fasten with
6ABx1-1/4" self-tapping screws (drywall installation) or
6-32x1" machine screws (into gang box) as follows:
• Drill and install bottom screw, allowing 1/8" (3 mm) to
protrude above wall surface.
• Position bottom of door control on screw head and slide
down to secure. Adjust screw for snug fit.
• Install top screw with care to avoid cracking plastic
housing. Do not overtighten.
• Insert top tabs and snap on cover.
OPENER TERMINAL SCREWS
Motion Detecting Control Panel
NOTE: The push bar may stick if the door control is not
mounted on a smooth surface. If a click is not heard when
pressing the push bar, loosen the two mounting screws or
relocate the door control to a smoother surface.
4. (Standard installation only) Run bell wire up wall and
across ceiling to motor unit. Use insulated staples to
secure wire in several places. Do not pierce wire with a
staple, creating a short or open circuit.
5. Strip 7/16" (11 mm) of insulation from end of bell wire. For
quick-connect terminals, connect bell wire as follows:
white to white and white/red to red. For opener terminal
screws, connect white to 2 and white/red to 1.
NOTE: When connecting multiple door controls to the
opener, twist same color wires together. Insert wires into
quick-connect holes: white to white and red/white to red, or
for terminal screws: attach white to 2 and white/red to 1.
The automatic light feature will become functional 1-1/2
minutes after power is restored.
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from
• Be sure power is not connected BEFORE installing door control.
• Connect ONLY to 24 VOLT low voltage wires.
To prevent possible SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from a closing
• Install door control within sight of garage door, out of reach of
children at a minimum height of 5 feet (1.5 m), and away from
all moving parts of door.
• NEVER permit children to operate or play with door control push
buttons or remote control transmitters.
• Activate door ONLY when it can be seen clearly, is properly
adjusted, and there are no obstructions to door travel.
• ALWAYS keep garage door in sight until completely closed.
NEVER permit anyone to cross path of closing garage door.
To release wire,
push in tab with
Strip wire 7/16" (11 mm)
Top Mounting Hole
STANDARD WALL MOUNT
Push Bar Cover
Push Bar Cover