• Lift the edge guide (7) into the edging
position as shown in Figure I.
• Position the trimmer above the surface as
shown in figure J.
• Return to the trimming position by loosening
the lock collar and rotating the lower
housing back 180°. Turn the collar until tight.
HELPFUL CUTTING TIPS
• Use the tip of the string to do the
cutting; do not force string head into
uncut grass. Use edge guide along such
things as fences, houses and flower beds
for best practices.
• Wire and picket fences cause extra string
wear, even breakage. Stone and brick walls,
curbs, and wood may wear string rapidly.
• Do not allow spool cap to drag on ground
or other surfaces.
• In long growth cut from the top down and
do not exceed 12 inches (304.8 mm) high.
• Keep trimmer tilted toward the area being
cut; this is the best cutting area.
• The trimmer cuts when passing the
unit from the right to left. This will avoid
throwing debris at the operator.
• Avoid trees and shrubs. Tree bark, wood
moldings, siding, and fence posts can
easily be damaged by the string.
CUTTING LINE / LINE FEEDING
Your trimmer uses .065 inch (1.65 mm)
diameter, ROUND nylon line. During use,
the tips of the nylon lines will become frayed
and worn and the special self feeding spool
will automatically feed and trim a fresh length
of line. Cutting line will wear faster and
require more feeding if the cutting or edging
is done along sidewalks or other abrasive
surfaces or heavier weeds are being cut.
The advanced automatic line feeding
mechanism senses when more cutting line
is needed and feeds and trims the correct
length of line whenever it’s required. DO
NOT BUMP unit on ground in attempt to
feed line or for any other purposes.
CLEARING JAMS AND TANGLED LINE
(FIGURES K, L, M)
WARNING: Remove the battery from
the trimmer before making any assembly,
adjustments or changing accessories. Such
preventive safety measures reduce the risk of
starting the appliance accidentally. From time
to time, especially when cutting thick or stalky
weeds, the line feeding hub may become
clogged with sap or other material and the
line will become jammed as a result. To clear
the jam, follow the steps listed below.
• Remove the battery from the trimmer.
• Press the release tabs (15) on the line
spool cap (16), as shown in figure K and
remove the cap by pulling it straight off.
• Pull the nylon line spool out and clear
any broken line or cutting debris from the
• Place spool and line into spool cap with
line “parked” in slots provided as shown
in figure L1.
• Insert the line end through the appropriate
hole in the spool housing. Pull slack line
through until it pulls out of the holding
slots as shown in figure L2.