WARNING: Read and understand all instructions.
Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric
shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
Important Safety Warnings and Instructions
TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this garden appliance
reads and understands all safety instructions and other information
contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in
WARNING: When using gardening appliances, basic
safety precautions should always be followed to reduce risk of fire,
electric shock, and personal injury, including the following.
WARNING: Some dust created by this product
contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer,
birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety
equipment such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter
out microscopic particles.
SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual. The
information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and
PREVENTING PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help
you recognize this information.
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially haz ard ous situation
which, if not avoided, may result in minor or mod er ate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates
a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in
General Safety Warnings and Instructions for All
Shrubbers & Shears
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENT. Donʼt use appliances in
damp or wet locations. Donʼt use appliances in the rain.
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY. All visitors should be kept at a distance
from work area.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCE INDOORS. When not in use, shrubber
should be stored indoors with the blade cover on, in a dry, and high
or locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• DONʼT FORCE APPLIANCE – It will do the job better and with
less likelihood of a risk of injury at the rate for which it was designed.
• USE APPLIANCE PROPERLY. Use only for trimming the type of
shrub, growth, etc., described in the operating instructions. Do not
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job
except that for which it is intended.
• KEEP HANDS AND ALL PARTS OF BODY AWAY from blade, the
edges are sharp and can cause injury even when the appliance is OFF.
90556224 REV. 1 Garden Shear Manual.qxd: chainsaw booklet new 12/4/09 12:42 PM Page 2