• It WILL NOT flash, or go out when the charging cycle is complete.
To maximize the lifetime of the battery, it is recommended to keep
the battery connected to the charger whenever the tool is not in
use. When the battery is full, the power consumption of the charger
CAUTION: Let the tool work at its own pace. Do not
Switching on and off
• Push and hold the lock button (2)
(fig. E) to the right or to the left and
then squeeze the on/off switch (1).
• Release the lock-off button.
• Release the on/off switch (1).
attempt to lock the switch in the on
Hints for optimum use
(figs. F, G, H & I)
• In order to achieve optimum cutting
results, only cut dry grass.
• Hold the tool as shown in fig. F & G.
Keep your other hand well away
from the blade. Maintain a stable
working position so that you do not
slip. Do not overreach.
• When cutting long grass, work in
stages from the top. Take small cuts.
• Keep the tool away from hard
objects and delicate plants.
• If the tool starts running slowly, reduce the load.
• To make a closer cut, slightly tilt the tool.
• Slightly tilt the tool (up to 15° relative to the line of cut) so that the
blade tips point slightly towards the hedge (fig. H). This will cause
the blades to cut more effectively.
• Start by trimming the top of the hedge.
Hold the tool at the desired angle
and move it steadily along the line of
cut. The double-sided blade allows
you to cut in either direction.
• In order to obtain a very straight cut,
stretch a piece of string along the
length of the hedge at the desired
height. Use the string as a guide
line, cutting just above it.
• In order to obtain flat sides, cut
upwards with the growth (fig. I).
Younger stems move outwards when
the blade cuts downwards, causing
shallow patches in the hedge.
• Take care to avoid any foreign objects.
Especially avoid hard objects such
as metal wire and railings, as these
could damage the blades.
• Regularly oil the blades.
Your Black & Decker tool has been
designed to operate over a long period
of time with a minimum of maintenance. Continuous satisfactory
operation depends upon proper tool care and regular cleaning.
Your charger does not require any maintenance apart from regular
WARNING: Before performing any maintenance on
the tool, switch off the tool. Unplug the charger before cleaning it.
90556224 REV. 1 Garden Shear Manual.qxd: chainsaw booklet new 12/4/09 12:42 PM Page 5