water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the open eye for 15 minutes or until
irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the battery electrolyte for Lithium Ion batteries is
composed of a mixture of liquid organic carbonates and lithium salts.
WARNING: Do not look into the air vents when the unit is switched on, as sometimes there
is a possibility of small debris being discharged from the air vents, especially after cleaning /
replacement of the filters as debris inside the unit can be disturbed.
• The charger supplied with this product is intended to be plugged in such that it is correctly
orientated in a vertical or floor mount position.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS: BATTERIES
• Do not disassemble or open, drop (mechanical abuse), crush, bend or deform, puncture, or shred.
• Do not modify or remanufacture, attempt to insert foreign objects into the battery, immerse or
expose to water or other liquids, or expose to fire, excessive heat including soldering irons, or
put in microwave oven.
• Only use the battery / tool with a charging system specified by the manufacturer/supplier.
• Do not short-circuit a battery or allow metallic or conductive objects to contact both battery
• Dispose of used batteries promptly according to the manufacturer/supplierʼs instructions.
• Improper battery use may result in a fire, explosion, or other hazard.
• Battery / tool usage by children should be supervised.
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS: CHARGING
1. This manual contains important safety and operating instructions.
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and cautionary warnings on battery charger
and product using battery. CAUTION: To reduce the risk of injury, use this charger only with this
product. Batteries in other products may burst causing personal injury or damage.
3. Do not expose charger to rain or snow.
4. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by Black & Decker may result in a risk of fire,
electric shock, or injury to persons.
5. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug rather than cord when
6. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subjected
to damage or stress.
7. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of improper extension
cord could result in a risk of fire, electric shock or electrocution.
8. Use only the supplied charger when charging your tool. The use of any other charger could
damage the tool or create a hazardous condition.
9. Use only one charger when charging.
10.Do not attempt to open the charger. There are no customer serviceable parts inside. Return to
any authorized Black & Decker service center.
11. DO NOT incinerate the tool or batteries even if they are severely damaged or completely worn
out. The batteries can explode in a fire. Toxic fumes and materials are created when lithium ion
battery packs are burned.
Do not charge or use battery in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of flammable
liquids, gases or dust. Inserting or removing the battery from the charger may ignite the dust or fumes.
13. If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash area with mild soap and
water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the open eye for three minutes or until
irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the battery electrolyte is composed of a mixture
of liquid organic carbonates and lithium salts.
WARNING: Burn hazard. Battery liquid may be flammable if exposed to spark or flame.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
• The label on your tool may include the following symbols. The symbols and their
definitions are as follows:
V ..................volts A ................... amperes
Hz ................hertz W ..................watts
o .................no load speed
................Class I Construction .................earthing terminal
.................safety alert symbol
................Class II Construction .../min or rpm..revolutions or reciprocation
(double insulated) per minute