SAFETY GUIDELINES - DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual. The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR
SAFETY and PREVENTING PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this information.
ndicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate
NOTICE: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may
result in property damage.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: Important Safety Warnings and Instructions
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE UNIT.
To Reduce Risk of Injury:
• Before any use, be sure everyone using this tool reads and understands all safety instructions and other information
contained in this manual.
• Save these instructions and review frequently prior to use and in instructing others.
WARNING: When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause
cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are:
• compounds in fertilizers
• compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides
• arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks that are specially
designed to filter out microscopic particles.
CAUTION: Wear appropriate personal hearing protection during use. Under some conditions and duration of use,
noise from this product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING BLOWER.
General Safety Warnings and Instructions for all Tools
• READ and follow all instructions.
• DO NOT place inlet or outlet of vacuum near eyes or ears when operating.
• THIS APPLIANCE IS PROVIDED WITH DOUBLE INSULATION. Use only identical replacement parts. See
instructions for servicing of double insulated appliances.
• STORE IDLE TOOLS. When not in use, the unit should be stored in a dry, high or locked-up place - out of reach of
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DO NOT pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
• MAINTAIN TOOL WITH CARE. Keep fan area clean for best and safest performance. Follow instructions for proper
• DO NOT attempt to repair the blower/vac. To assure product safety and reliability, repairs, maintenance, and
adjustments should be performed by Black & Decker service centers or authorized service stations, always using
Black & Decker replacement parts.
• DO NOT operate blower/vac in a gaseous or explosive atmosphere. Motors in these tools normally spark, and the
sparks might ignite fumes.
• DO NOT use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or use in areas where they may be present.
• USE EXTRA CARE when cleaning on stairs.
• DO NOT leave appliance when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before servicing.
• DO NOT allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children. Not recommended for
use by children.
• DO NOT attempt to clear clogs from tool without first unplugging it.
• USE ONLY as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended attachments.
• DO NOT use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left
outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• DO NOT pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord away from
• DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.