ecommended Minimum Wire Size for Extension Cords
Total Length of Cord
25 ft. 50 ft. 75 ft. 100 ft. 125 ft. 150 ft. 175 ft.
7.6 m 15.2 m 22.9 m 30.5 m 38.1 m 45.7 m 53.3 m
Wire Size AWG
18 18 16 16 14 14 12
• Do not place any object on top of charger or place the charger on a soft surface
that might block the ventilation slots and result in excessive internal heat. Place
the charger in a position away from any heat source. The charger is ventilated
through slots in the top and the bottom of the housing.
• Do not mount charger on wall or permanently affix charger to any surface. The
charger is intended to use on a flat, stable surface (i.e., table top, bench top).
• Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug — have them replaced
• Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way. Take it to an authorized service center.
• Do not disassemble charger; take it to an authorized service center when service or
repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock,
electrocution or fire.
• Disconnect the charger from the outlet before attempting any cleaning. This will
reduce the risk of electric shock. Removing the battery pack will not reduce this risk.
• NEVER attempt to connect 2 chargers together.
• The charger is designed to operate on standard household electrical power
(120 Volts). Do not attempt to use it on any other voltage.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTION FOR BATTERY PACKS
WARNING: For safe operation, read this manual and manuals originally supplied
with tool before using the charger.
The battery pack is not fully charged out of the carton. Before using the battery pack and
charger, read the safety instructions below. Then follow charging procedures outlined.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
• Do not incinerate the battery pack even if it is severely damaged or is completely
worn out. The battery pack can explode in a fire. Toxic fumes and materials are created
when battery packs are burned.
• Do not charge or use battery in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of
flammable liquids, gases or dust. Inserting or removing the battery from the charger
may ignite the dust or fumes.
• If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash area with mild
soap and water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the open eye for 15
minutes or until irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the battery electrolyte for
Lithium-Ion batteries is composed of a mixture of liquid organic carbonates and lithium salts.
• Contents of opened battery cells may cause respiratory irritation. Provide fresh air. If
symptoms persist, seek medical attention.
WARNING: Burn hazard. Batteryliquid may beflammable ifexposed to sparkor flame.
• Charge the battery packs only in Black & Decker chargers.
• DO NOT splash or immerse in water or other liquids. This may cause premature cell
• Do not store or use the tool and battery pack in locations where the temperature
may reach or exceed 105°F (40˚C) (such as outside sheds or metal buildings in
WARNING: Never attempt to open the battery pack for any reason. If battery pack
case is cracked or damaged, do not insert into charger. Do not crush, drop or damage
battery pack. Do not use a battery pack or charger that has received a sharp blow, been
dropped, run over or damaged in any way (i.e., pierced with a nail, hit with a hammer,
stepped on). Damaged battery packs should be returned to service center for recycling.
WARNING: Fire hazard. Do not store or carry battery so that metal objects can
contact exposed battery terminals. For example, do not place battery in aprons,
pockets, tool boxes, product kit boxes, drawers, etc., with loose nails, screws, keys, etc.