CAUTION: Failure to comply with the recommendations outlined in the key information
section will void warranty.
WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the
State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some
examples of these chemicals are:
To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust
masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles.
ALWAYS use safety glasses. Everyday eyeglasses are NOT safety glasses. Also use
face or dust mask if trimming operation is dusty. ALWAYS WEAR CERTIFIED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
ANSI Z87.1 eye protection (CAN/CPA Z94.3),
NOSH/OSHA respiratory protection.
WARNING: Always wear proper personal hearing protection that conforms to
ANSI S12.6 (S3.19) during use. Under some conditions and duration of use, noise from this
product may contribute to hearing loss.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
• ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION – Wear safety glasses or goggles at all times when
battery pack is installed.
• GUARD – Do not use this trimmer without guard attached.
• DRESS PROPERLY –
Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving
parts. Rubber gloves and substantial rubber soled footwear are recommended when working
outdoors. Don’t operate the
when barefoot or wearing open sandals. Wear heavy
long pants to protect your legs. Wear protective hair covering to contain long hair.
• NYLON LINE – Keep all body parts, including face, hands and feet clear of rotating nylon line
at all times.
• THE ROTATING LINE PERFORMS A CUTTING FUNCTION – Use care when trimming
around screens and desirable plants.
• KEEP ALL BYSTANDERS AWAY –
at a safe distance from work area, especially children.
• IMPORTANT WARNING –
When being used as an Edger, stones, pieces of metal and other
objects can be thrown out at high speed by the line. The
and guard are designed to
reduce the danger. However, the following special precautions should be taken:
that other persons and pets are at least 100 feet (30m) away.
• TO REDUCE THE RISK of rebound (ricochet) injury, work going away from any nearby solid
object such as wall, steps, large stone, tree, etc. Use great care when working close to solid
objects and where necessary, do edging or trimming by hand.
VOID ACCIDENTALLY STARTING – Don’t carry plugged-in
with finger on trigger.
• DO NOT FORCE THE APPLIANCE – at a rate faster than the rate at which it is able to cut effectively.
• USE THE RIGHT APPLIANCE – Do not use this trimmer for any job except that for which it
• DON’T OVERREACH – Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DAMAGE TO UNIT – If you strike or become entangled with a foreign object, stop trimmer
immediately, remove battery, check for damage and have any damage repaired before
further operation is attempted. Do not operate with a broken hub or spool.
• REMOVE BATTERY – when not in use, when replacing line, or prior to cleaning.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS – Do not use electric appliances
in damp or wet locations. Follow all instructions in this Instruction Manual for proper
operation of your trimmer. Don’t use the trimmer in the rain.
• DO NOT OPERATE portable electric trimmers in gaseous or explosive atmospheres. Motors
in these trimmers normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• STORE IDLE TRIMMERS INDOORS – When not in use, trimmers should be stored indoors in a dry,
locked-up place out of reach of children.
• STAY ALERT – Do not operate this unit when you are tired, ill, or under the influence of
alcohol, drugs, or medication.
• REPLACEMENT PARTS – When servicing use only identical replacement parts.
• MAINTAIN TRIMMERS WITH CARE – Follow instructions in maintenance section. Keep
handles dry, clean and free from oil and grease.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS – Before further use of the trimmer, a guard or other part
that is damaged should be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and