hich conforms to ANSI specifications and provides protection
gainst flying particles both from the FRONT and SIDE shouldALWAYS be worn by the
operator and others in the work area when connecting to air supply, loading,
operating or servicing this tool. Eye protection is required to guard against flying
fasteners and debris, which could cause severe eye injury.
The employer and/or user must ensure that proper eye protection is worn. Eye
protection equipment must conform to the requirements of the American National
tandards Institute, ANSI Z87.1 and provide both frontal and side protection. NOTE:
on-side shielded spectacles and face shields alone do not provide adequate
BEFORE HANDLING OR OPERATINGTHIS TOOL:
I. READ AND UNDERSTANDTHEWARNINGS CONTAINED INTHIS MANUAL.
I. REFERTO “TOOL SPECIFICATIONS” INTHIS MANUALTO IDENTIFYTHE
OPERATING SYSTEM ONYOURTOOL.
The operator must not hold the trigger pulled on contact trip tools except during
fastening operation, as serious injury could result if the trip accidentally contacted
someone or something, causing the tool to cycle.
Keep hands and body away from the discharge area of the tool. A contact trip tool
may bounce from the recoil of driving a fastener and an unwanted second fastener
may be driven, possibly causing injury.
In SEQUENTIAL TRIP MODE the contact trip operates in conjunction with the trigger to drive a
fastener. To operate a sequential trip tool, first position the contact trip on the work surface WITHOUT
PULLING THE TRIGGER. Depress the contact trip and then pull the trigger to drive a fastener. As
long as the contact trip is contacting the work and is held depressed, the tool will drive a fastener each
time the trigger is depressed. If the contact trip is allowed to leave the work surface, the sequence
described above must be repeated to drive another fastener.
IN ADDITION TO THE OTHER WARNINGS CONTAINED IN THIS
MANUAL OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING FOR SAFE OPERATION
• Use the BOSTITCH pneumatic tool only for the purpose for which it was designed.
• Never use this tool in a manner that could cause a fastener to be directed toward the user
or others in the work area.
• Do not use the tool as a hammer.
• Always carry the tool by the handle. Never carry the tool by the air hose.
• Do not alter or modify this tool from the original design or function without approval from
• Always be aware that misuse and improper handling of this tool can cause injury to
yourself and others.
• Never clamp or tape the trigger or contact trip in an actuated position.
• Never leave a tool unattended with the air hose attached.
• Do not operate this tool if it does not contain a legibleWARNING LABEL.
• Do not continue to use a tool that leaks air or does not function properly. Notify your nearest
Bostitch representative if your tool continues to experience functional problems.