2. To install the blades, loosely attach the adjusting
plate to the set plate with the pan head screws
and set the mini planer blade on the gauge base
so that the cutting edge of the blade is perfectly
flush with the inside flank of the gauge plate.
3. Set the adjusting plate/set plate on the gauge
base so that the planer blade locating lugs on the
set plate rest in the mini planer blade groove, then
press in the heel of the adjusting plate flush with
the back side of the gauge base and tighten the
pan head screws.
4. It is important that the blade sits flush with the
inside flank of the gauge plate, the planer blade
locating lugs sit in the blade groove and the heel
of the adjusting plate is flush with the back side of
the gauge base. Check this alignment carefully to
ensure uniform cutting.
5. Slip the heel of the adjusting plate into the groove
of the drum.
6. Set the drum cover over the adjusting plate/set
plate and screw in the three hex flange head bolts
so that a gap exists between the drum and the set
plate to slide the mini planer blade into position.
The blade will be positioned by the planer blade
locating lugs on the set plate.
7. The blade's lengthwise adjustment will need to be
manually positioned so that the blade ends are
clear and equidistant from the housing on one
side and the metal bracket on the other.
8. Tighten the three hex flange head bolts (with the
socket wrench provided) and rotate the drum to
check clearances between the blade ends and the
9. Check the three hex flange head bolts for final
10. Repeat procedures 1 - 9 for other blade.
For the correct planer blade setting
Your planing surface will end up rough and uneven,
unless the blade is set properly and securely. The blade
must be mounted so that the cutting edge is absolutely
level, that is, parallel to the surface of the rear base.
Refer to some examples below for proper and improper
1. Mini planer
3. Set plate
4. Hex. flange
5. Drum plate
1. Pan head screw
2. Adjusting plate
3. Planer blade
4. Gauge plate
5. Heel of
6. Set plate
7. Inside flank of
8. Gauge base
9. Back side of
10. Mini planer