THERMOMETER & OIL TEMPERATURE
• This gas appliance does not have automatic ther
mostat controls so must be attended and
monitored at all times during use.
• When cooking with oil or grease, a thermometer MUST be used for reasonable temperature
reading. Follow instructions for proper testing, installation and use of a thermometer on pages
18 - 19 in this manual.
• Test thermometer before each use. If the thermometer does not function properly, a replacement
thermometer must be obtained before frying with this cooker.
• If the thermometer supplied with this appliance is not working properly, damaged or lost,
a replacement thermometer must be obtained before frying with this cooker. Use only replacement
thermometer #5020. This thermometer can be obtained by contacting Barbour Interntional, Inc.
• Carefully monitor the temperature of cooking oil with your thermometer and regulate temperature
so it does not reach the "Fire Hazard" zone on your thermometer. If necessary, turn the gas OFF
to the cooker to allow the oil to cool.
Oil ignites at varying temperatures depending on type of oil used, altitude, ambient temperature and
wind. Check your thermometer every 3 minutes to ensure cooking oil does not exceed 400˚F (200˚C).
• Do not allow oil or grease to exceed 400˚F (200˚C). Oil or grease will ignite and catch fire at
550˚F to 700˚F (287˚C to 371˚C). If cooking oil or grease reaches 400˚F (200˚C),
turn burner OFF. Wait for the cooking oil or grease temperature to decrease to less than
350˚F (117˚C) before relighting burner.
• Regardless of thermometer reading, if the oil/grease starts to smoke, turn OFF fuel supply to the
burner and STOP COOKING IMMEDIATELY. This indicates the thermometer is not working properly.
Discard the thermometer and call 1-800-864-6194 M-F 8am - 5pm CST for assistance.
Replacement thermometer Model #5020.
REGULATOR HOSE ASSEMBLY
• The pressure regulator hose assembly supplied with this cooker
must be used. Clean and inspect the hose before each use of the
. If there is evidence of abrasion, wear, cuts or leaks,
the hose must be replaced prior to the cooker being put into
operation. Only use replacement regulator hose assembly #M5HPR.
This part can be obtained by contacting Barbour International, Inc. at 1-800-864-6194.
Replace regulator hose assembly at least every two years. Keep the fuel supply hose away from
any heated surface.
Refer to instructions for connecting regulator hose assembly to LP gas cylinder and burner in this manual.
• Check all gas connections by following the Gas Leak Testing Instructions on pages 13 -14 in
this manual. Never test for gas leaks with a lighted match or open flame.
DO NOT operate this cooker with a gas leak.
• Follow Lighting Instructions as stated in this manual on page 16. Use a fireplace match or
gas appliance butane lighter.
• The valve on regulator hose assembly controls flame intensity only. It is not an ON/OFF valve.